Members of our Rotary Club donate funds to the Rotary Club of Carbondale Foundation. Their generous giving, along with local fundraising efforts allows the club to give back to the local community.
One way the Foundation gives back is by awarding an annual scholarship, the James B. Mowery scholarship. Details are available about this scholarship can be found under Youth Services.
Another popular Foundation project is the awarding of local grants to the community. The Foundation solicits grant requests in the Fall, with final submissions usually due in December of each year. Grants are usually in the amount of $500 to each organization. Total grant amount and total number of recipients vary from year to year based on availability of funds.
Past grant recipients include:
- Boys and Girls Club
- Diaper Bank of Southern Illinois
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund
- Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Thomas School Academic Talents
- 4-H Program
- Carbondale Community High School Marching Terriers Band
- Camp Beta
- SIU Carbondale Dental Hygiene Program (Give Kids a Smile Day and Dental Care for Children of Afghan Refugees)
- Children’s Medical and Mental Health Resource Network